Sunday, March 28, 2010

Awkward times at the nail salon...

I have been getting my nails done every other week for several years now, but yesterday when I got my nails filled I had quite the strange experience! About 2 weeks ago, a new lady at my nail place did my nails. I'm always a little skeptical of new ladies, but they were so busy and I was in a hurry so I sat down. Almost TWO HOURS later, with bleeding fingers and crappy nails, I left. Needless to say, I was not happy.

So yesterday I went in to get another fill, worried that I might get the same lady...but luckily the owner (my favorite lady) had me sit down at her station. She picked up my hand and looked at my nails and said, "You do nails here last time?" (Yes, they were that bad.) When I told her that I had, she pointed directly at the lady who had done my nails 2 weeks before and said, "That lady do nails?" I nodded yes (thinking to myself, that's sad that she knows that without asking...) and she shook her head and starting spouting off what could only have been a string of expletives in Vietnamese. I wasn't really sure what to say...

About 10 minutes later, another lady from the back came up to talk to the lady doing my nails, and my lady began ranting in Vietnamese again about my nails, gesturing to my nails and grabbing my hand, showing this lady how bad my nails looked. I felt a little awkward because I knew the gist of what she was saying, but couldn't really jump in and respond.

Now if this wasn't already awkward enough, the lady who had done my nails 2 weeks before came over, and my nail lady basically ripped this lady a new one, again gesturing with my hand and pointing at my nails. I had nowhere to look but down while she gryped this girl out...very awkward! Finally the lady walks away (probably to go cry in the back) and my nail lady says, "I tell her, no good, she need to change". Sounded like worse than that to me...

When my nail lady started filing my nails, I told her that the other lady had hurt me when she filed my nails 2 weeks ago, to which she responded, "You should hit her, right on head!" I laughed, but I think she was serious!

When I finally got ready to leave (with MUCH nicer nails, thank goodness!) the lady who had done my nails 2 weeks ago shot daggers at me as I walked to the front...I mean, if looks could kill, I wouldn't be writing this blog post! It's a good thing my nails look so nice, because I think I might need to steer clear of the nail salon for awhile...


-- Post From Becky's iPhone

1 comment:

  1. What a story! Crazy! I'm so glad to read a post from you again! We miss seeing yall

    ReplyDelete