Here are the top 10 things I have learned so far being a mother:
1. It's amazing how many things you can accomplish one-handed.
2. Seeing Mike be a daddy is probably the cutest thing in the entire world, and he's so wonderful at it!
3. There is a magical world called "Baby Land" that you get sucked into when you bring a newborn home. This place consists of feeding, changing, cuddling, not sleeping, and staring...lots and lots of staring!
4. Sleep deprivation is INTENSE!
5. Seeing our parents be grandparents and our siblings be aunts and uncles is so special, and their love for Bentlee has been so incredibly deep, from day one.
6. Only the Lord could have orchestrated this entire process-we found out about Bentlee on June 3 and brought her home exactly 4 months later on October 3. AMAZING!
7. A baby sneeze is about the cutest noise ever.
8. The Moby wrap is so complicated!!
9. I was absolutely born to be a mother, Mike was born to be a father and Bentlee was always supposed to be our daughter.
10. Giving birth does not make you a mother-an intense, God-designed love for your child makes you a mother.
Bentlee is by far the greatest blessing the Lord has ever bestowed on us. She is the most precious, beautiful, amazing child and we could not love her more. Biology or not, Bentlee is our daughter and we thank the Lord every day for her life, the birth parent's sacrifice, and that God chose us to be her parents.
Feast your eyes on this beauty!