Monday, February 8, 2010

I'm a bad blogger....

Well my goal was to try to be a better blogger this year, but so far, I have not improved much...I am still trying to work on that! I still read blogs, just forget to update my own! Anyway, I am going to try to make a better effort from her on out (no promises though...) ;)

Today I stayed home sick...yes, I am sick AGAIN! I went to the doctor and they said it's another sinus infection....my third in 4 months! I am getting highly annoyed to say the least, so my doctor suggested some tests and a physical to check my immune system and do some bloodwork to make sure there's not something else going on. Hopefully, we will get some answers and figure out ways to help me not get sick so much!

I do know that this past year has been a stressful one, and stress doesn't help my health. I have a stressful job for sure, and I have to remember to relax and not let the responsibilities of the job get to me. Many times I feel as though I have so much pressure on me to "help" so many families, and I'm not entitled to get sick or take a break. Even today, when I was home sick, I was crying to Mike because I was so overwhelmed about missing appointments today that I will have to reschedule, and my schedule the rest of the week is so packed! Sometimes I have to remember to tell myself to relax and that I can't do everything on my own. A hard lesson to learn for someone like me who thinks I have to do it all myself and doesn't ask for help much or tell others when I'm stressed. Mike tells me that for a counselor, I don't take my own advice on stress management very well! :) He's probably right! I am going to try to make a conscious effort to tell people when I need help or when I'm stressed, and to let others help me more. I know it will be hard, as I tend to be a "do-er" and am involved in so many things, but I am going to try to rely on the Lord, my husband, and others around me to accomplish this. I know my tendency to do it all myself has always interfered with my relationship with the Lord as well, as I have a hard time sometimes letting Him lead. I know if I can just rely on and rest in Him, everything will fall into place and work as it should. Why I always think I can do it all on my own, I will never know. Planning and doing apart from the Lord will always be in vain! I hate that sometimes it takes sickness or hurt to remind me of these things, but I am thankful that the Lord teaches me during the tough times.

So here's to antibiotics, supportive husbands and letting the Lord be my resting place! :)

1 comment:

  1. Becky, I am so sorry you feel bad. Your post reminds me of our Esther Bible study though. How us girls try to take on everything. It's always good to get out those scripture cards we made and remind yourself of God's truth. I will be praying for you and that you feel better quickly.

    ReplyDelete